Soviet Cooking

Almost forgotten recipes from past time
Rare Soviet cookbook published 1955 in the USSR

Wild boar stew

Wild boar stew

Wild boar stew
Ingredients
150 meat, marinade 100, melted lard 5, 30 wines, 20 carrots, parsley and celery for 15, 20 onions, flour 4, 150 garnish.
Separate the meat from the bone pieces of 1-1.5 kg of clean tendons and lard cubes of carrot, parsley and celery. Put the meat in a non-oxidizing dish, pour cold marinade and let stand in a cold room for 2.5-3 days.
Marinated meat fried in lard, then put in a deep skillet or korobin, pour half the height of the pieces of soup, cooked meat from the bones, pour red wine, add the sliced onions and cook until tender.

When the meat is tender, to shift it from the broth in the pan, pour red sauce and put in the broiler.
Every 3-5 minutes to pour the same sauce until the meat is not formed crust. The broth in which the meat tushilos, add the dried wheat flour, boil for 15-20 minutes, add salt and strain. 
The meat cut into wide slices across the grain of 1-2 pieces per serving and pour the sauce.

Serve with fried potatoes, beans or pasta, braised cabbage.

5 comments:

  1. I love that dish! My grandma used to make it when I was growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have any wild boar, I will find a substitute for the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to whip this recipe out when my husband brings home wild boar. I have yet to find a recipe that really makes it edible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried wild boar before. This sounds delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried wild boar, but I am sure it is tasty! My husband just had a boar burger last night at a local burger place. He loved it! I am sure your recipe is amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Next PostNewer PostPrevious PostOlder PostHome